- Category I Design License
- General License for design development and expert review of processes, methods of production, design and cost estimation documentation for mining, oil and gas industries
- License for Environmental Protection Activities
- Permit For Design Activities in Russian Federation
- Industrial Safety Certificate allowing to perform work associated with industrial safety
Comprehensive engineering design of industrial and public facilities
KPSP focuses on comprehensive design of a wide range of industrial and public facilities, including hazardous industrial facilities. This implies development of all the disciplines of engineering design and cost estimation documentation.
KPSP provides design services for the following facilities:
- Industrial facilities
KPSP provides comprehensive design services of process, power, auxiliary facilities and warehouses, and other facilities for production companies of a wide variety (Design of different types of industrial enterprises).
- Linear facilities design
Railways, automobile roads, power lines, communication lines, pipelines, bridges.
- Public facilities
Comprehensive design of business centres, shopping malls, accommodation blocks, sport facilities and concert halls, etc.
KPSP ADDITIONAL SERVICES PACKAGE
On Client's demand and considering available data our experts are able to perform the following additional services:
- Obtaining basiс data for design
- Expert review of basic data, permits and approvals
- Engineering surveys on site
- Development of project concept and feasibility study
- Technical support during review of the design documents by State Expert Examination Committee
- Field supervision
- Preparation of as-built documentation
- Approvals of revised design solutions
- Structural health surveys
DEVELOPMENT OF CONSTRUCTION DESIGN AND COST ESTIMATION DOCUMENTATION IN KAZAKHSTAN AND RUSSIA
The comprehensive engineering design service implies development of the following set of engineering disciplines:
- General layout and transportation
- Structural and architectural solutions
- Structural members design:
- Process solutions
- Development of design documentation for construction of utilities: (MEP DESIGN)
Water supply and public health
Power supply, artificial lighting, power distribution
Instrumentation and automation
Low current systems
Development of specific disciplines of design documentation set:
- Industrial safety
- Environment impact assessment
- Method statement
- Cost estimation documentation
There are two possible options regarding the number of design stages, which depend on the nature of the facility - either the two stages - Basic Design «П» and Detailed Design «Р» or single stage «РП». The option is subject to Client's and general designer choice considering applicable codes. Any stage may be developed independently, which means that Basic Design and Detailed Design may be performed by independent design institutions subject to Client's and general designer choice.
TWO STAGE DESIGN
BASIC DESIGN AND DETAILED DESIGN
Two stage design is the most widely used method of arrangement of design work, because Kazakhstan legislation requires that it shall be arranged that way for «all the facilities with nominal construction period exceeding 24 months which may require design revisions and elaboration of initial design criteria»*.
Stage I - Basic Design («П») implies development of initial solutions like the location of the facility, engineering equipment and process selection. This stage is subject to State Expertise Review.
Stage II, Detailed Design. Upon approval of the previous phase by the State Expertise the drawings required for construction works on site are developed. Construction documentation includes detail drawings, cost estimations and other documents specifying and elaborating the design solutions adopted on the previous stage.
*BN of Kazakhstan 1.02-03-2011 «The procedure for development, contents, obtaining permits and approvals of construction design documentation»
ADVANTAGES OF TWO STAGE DESIGN
- Lower amount of errors in design documentation which raises the quality of construction work and savs time
- Lower amount of work required for review and elimination of incorrect design solutions
- Lower possibility of denial of certain design solutions by State Expertise and following corrections of design documentation
SCHEMATIC DESIGN STAGE
This stage is mandatory and shall be developed prior to the essential design if the facility is located within the populated area. Schematic design is developed considering Design Specification and Basic data for design and is subject to approval by municipal architecture authorities.
SINGLE STAGE DESIGN
CONSTRUCTION DOSUMENTATION STAGE
Single stage design implies simultaneous development of both basic and detailed design documentation in a so called Construction Documentation package. It may be developed without waiting for State Expertise approval of basic design, which is very convenient for lower-scale designs, simple facilities, repair works etc.
ADVANTAGES OF SINGLE STAGE DESIGN
- Up to 2x faster
- Cost savings up to 40%