FIGURES AND FACTS ABOUT KPSP
- Was founded in 1959
- Over 5000 implemented projects
- Over 250 clients
- Over 250 highly-qualified engineers
KPSP is one of the leading design and engineering institutes in the Republic of Kazakhstan. KPSP has an extensive experience in design and participation in construction of the large-scale indistrial and civil projects in the former USSR and CIS countries since 1959.
KPSP design institute has been located in Karaganda since its establishment and was known as Karaganda Promstroyproekt (KPSP) LLP before re-branding.
The head office of the design institute - its parent company INTESSA Group - is located in Astana.
- Kazakhstan Designers Association
- Kazakhstan Builders Association
- Association of Sverdlovsk Region Designers
COMPREHENSIVE APPROACH TO PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION: FROM DESIGN TO SUPPLY OF EQUIPMENT
KPSP's essential advantage is being an integral part of INTESSA Group Holding. INTESSA Group combines highly specialized companies for design, manufacture, supply and automation of equipment and integration of industry-specific IT solutions and security solutions.
These competences of the Holding give design engineers working together with designers and integrators a much deeper understanding of practical solutons to be implemented into projects.
Using engineering and production potential of the group of companies KPSP design institute can provide a full range of services under EP*-contract:
- Whole spectrum of pre-design consulting and engineering services for basic data preparation
- Integrated development of design and cost estimate documents. General contracting and field supervision services in Kazakhstan and Russia
- Supply of equipment
- Installation or installation supervision, commissioning
- Warranty and post-warranty services for the supplied equipment and IT-soultions
* EP – Engineering and Procurement
In CIS countries and in Kazakhstan, in particular, the implementation of BIM technologies in civil and industrial construction is strongly supported at the national level.
Today KPSP is the largest design and survey company in Kazakhstan, particularly in Astana and Almaty, implementing the transition to BIM Design. The transformation program includes the following stages:
- Establishment of project management basis according to BIM standards
- Implementation of employee interaction procedures with focus on data sharing
- Implementation of BIM modeling standards
- Transition to sharing information and metadata
- Implementation of 4D and 5D components of BIM: costing and project scheduling through the BIM platform
- Formation of integrated environment for all specialists enabling management of the entire life cycle of the project
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
- Category I General License allowing to perform design work in architecture, urban development and construction
- General License for design development and expert review of processes, methods of production, design and cost estimation documentation for mining, oil and gas, chemical industries, boilers with nominal working pressure over 0.7 kgf/cm and heat transfer agent temperature over 115C, pressurized pipelines with nominal working pressure over 0.7 kgf/cm
- Permit For Design Activities in Russian Federation (Certificate of admission to specific types of works influencing safety of permanent facilities)
Engineering Surveys. Structural Surveys and Testing
- State General License for Engineering Survey Activities in Kazakhstan
- Certificate of Accreditation to Perform Structural Health Surveying at higly technical and technological facilities with I and II building criticality rating
- Certificate of Accreditation of the Test Center for compliance with the requirements of ST RK ISO/IEC 17025-2007 General requirements for the competence to carry out tests and calibrations
- General License to Perform Works associated with Environmental Protection
- Certificate to Perform Works associated with Industrial Safety
- Certificate of Compliance of Environmental Management System
- Certificate of Compliance of Management System ISO 9001: 2008
- Certificate of Compliance of Energy Management ISO 50001-2011
- Certificate of Compliance of Occupational Safety and Health Management System ST RK OHSAS 18001-2008
KEY DATES IN KPSP HISTORY
ESTABLISHMENT OF KARAGANDA PROMSTROYPROEKT DESIGN INSTITUTE
Projects of industrial hubs for the large industrial cities of Kazakh SSR were developed.
PRIVATIZATION OF KARAGANDA PROMSTROYPROEKT DESIGN INSTITUTE
The design institute implemented projects for urban development of the new capital of the Republic and worked on projects of residential and public buildings for Astana.
The institute participated as the General Designer in the implementation of large-scale industrial projects included in the State Program of Accelerated Industrial and Innovative Development of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Business Road Map, Nurly Zhol, etc.
In the process of re-organization Karaganda Promstroyproekt Institute was re-branded in KPSP.
KPSP's clients now are state corporations, largest industrial holdings, oil and gas companies and private companies.
Due to growth of the client database and realization of the strategy to implement mostly EPC-projects KPSP's founders diversified the services provided by the company by establishing KPSP-based specialized engineering companies:
- Novatech Corporation - Supply of high-tech instrumentation and automation equipment
- Eurasia Engineering & Construction - Construction Management
- KPSP Lab. - Geological investigations and topographic surveys for construction, structural health surveys
- SecureTech Corporation - Information and physical security systems
Thanks to cooperation of the companies KPSP takes the leading positions in the high-margin segments of the construction industry participating in large-scale EPC-projects.
KPSP together with Novatech Corporation, Eurasia Engineering&Construction, Ust-Kamenogorsk Industrial Valves Plant and SecureTech Corporation became the part of INTESSA Group Holding.
As a result of reorganization and business development KPSP design institute took the 10th place in the TOP 25 fastest growing companies in Kazakhstan as per Forbes Kazakhstan.
INTESSA Technologies joined the Holding. The Company is a KPSP's strategic partner in supply of MEP and process equipment.
One more important partner of KPSP design institute is TransInfoTech LLP, a joint venture between a sister company SecureTech Corporation and TransInfoTech LLC (Russia), the leader in the development of IT solutions for transport, logistics and public sectors.